Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

March Version of PBI Desktop Buggy with Sizing

In the March version of PBI Desktop I have found issues with using the "Size and Position" section, typing in the pixels I want doesnt move or resize the visual (like it used to). I have to drag the viusal or pull the corner to resize and then use the up and down arrows for pixels in format pane to get the desired position. This is a very time consuming issue and is frustrating to deal with, please address ASAP.

Below is the link to when I first raised this on Tuesday.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/March-Version-of-PBI-Desktop-Buggy-with-Sizing/m-p/3150735#... 

Hi @Anonymous 

I tested it in the March version and after I changed the size and position, the visual would change accordingly. Here is a screenshot of what I did.

Recording 2023-03-24 at 10.21.58.gif

My version is 2.115.663.0 64-bit (March 2023)

vyetao1msft_0-1679624663832.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

I tested it in the March version and after I changed the size and position, the visual would change accordingly. Here is a screenshot of what I did.

Recording 2023-03-24 at 10.21.58.gif

My version is 2.115.663.0 64-bit (March 2023)

vyetao1msft_0-1679624663832.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alisa,

The issue is not resolved, I am still experiecing very time consming problems with this as is my team. I have reverted back to the February version of PBI until this is resolved (which is not ideal as there are features in the March version that I need and so will be flicking back and forth as necessary). Please can you help to get this some attention.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this same issue, as well as some issues with the formatting pane - for example, when I click on a button, I am not seeing the correct formatting pane for a button.

Please help, as these issues are seriously impacting my usage of PBI.