Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Map doesn't resolve PR as Puerto Rico

I have a dataset with addresses that include city/state/country. on my report I am using the Map Visualization using the City and State field. For my Puerto Rico addresses (State = PR) it is showing up in Paraguay.   Bing maps resolves PR correctly.

awarriorpoet_0-1678834506763.png

Hi @awarriorpoet 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your sample for reference ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @awarriorpoet 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your sample for reference ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

awarriorpoet
Helper I

If I spell out the US state it resolves correctly, but with two letter abbreviations, it is hit or miss. 

For example, most of the time it will resolve CA as California, sometimes it shows it in Canada. PR might be Puerto Rico, sometimes Paraguay.    The STATE Column is set to text.

Table has several hundred thousand rows, it may resolve most of them correctly and some of them seem to randomly pick a COUNTRY with the same abbreviation as a state.  This is a very large table.