Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Make source of Paginated Report automatically change when deployed to a new environment

I am constructing a report where I aim to embed Paginated Reports in Power BI Desktop.

How can I automate the process of setting the data source to fetch it from the correct environment (DEV, TEST, PROD)/workspace for these Paginated Reports?

Currently, I need to manually change all tabs that contain a paginated report into the right environment.

Ellipsis > Edit

garich_1-1709065223328.png

It automatically references the DEV and I need to manually set it to TEST.

garich_2-1709065223342.png

Hi @garich ,

As far as I know there is no setting to automate the process of setting the data source to fetch it from the correct environment (DEV, TEST, PROD)/workspace for these Paginated Reports in Power BI and it still requires manual intervention.

If you would like to suggest feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is the right place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @garich ,

As far as I know there is no setting to automate the process of setting the data source to fetch it from the correct environment (DEV, TEST, PROD)/workspace for these Paginated Reports in Power BI and it still requires manual intervention.

If you would like to suggest feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is the right place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn