Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MS Fabric - Dataflow Gen 2 - Load On-Premise Oracle/MS SQL to Lakehouse error

Hello,

I tried to load Oracle/MS SQL data through on-premise gateway in Dataflow Gen. 2.. I see tables, load table in editor, see columns, data. Then I wanted to set destination to Lakehouse and always receive this error message:

An exception occurred: The given data source kind is not supported. Data source kind: Lakehouse. 

I tried csv file from SHP - and this was ok, I was able to load data to Lakhouse.

I know - MS Fabric is in preview - but I can not find that this feature (Oracle/MS SQL on-premise) is not yet supported. 

Thanks.

Hi  @all,

In order to better investigate your problem, could you provide detailed reproduction steps and information about your version (including the version of the gateway)?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
Thomas_Duc
Regular Visitor

I have the exact same problem with a dataflow gen 2 loading data through an entreprise data gateway. It's impossible to set data destination to Lakehouse.
Same error message : "An exception occurred: The given data source kind is not supported. Data source kind: Lakehouse. "

macmy034
Advocate II

It appears as though you can't push data from a local SQL server to the lakehouse - pretty dang annoying.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @all,

In order to better investigate your problem, could you provide detailed reproduction steps and information about your version (including the version of the gateway)?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

DavidPi
Helper II

Hi,

gateway version: 3000.166.9

Steps:
- I enable MS Fabric on capacity level
- Create new workspace
- Create new Lakehouse
- Create new Dataflow
- Get Other Data > Oracle > Fill server name and select our enterprise gateway > Next
- Select Table > Create
- See table and data
- Add destination Lakehouse > Connection Lakehouse (none) > Next > Receive Error Message

DavidPi_0-1685605512398.png

Noeleke1301
Helper II

@DavidPi I had the same error when I tried loading our on-prem Oracle data into a lakehouse. Was running gateway version of March.

Just updated the gateway to the latest version and now it works.

DavidPi
Helper II

Thx, I will ask our IT OPS to upgrade gateway and let you know.

v-jingzhang
Community Support

Hi @DavidPi 

Is there any update? Have you upgraded gateway to the latest version and set destination to Lakehouse successfully?

This issue is due to that the earlier versions of gateway don't support Lakehouse connectivity. But from the On-premises data gateway May 2023 release, we have added support for Lakehouse connectivity over the gateway. Update to the latest version to be able to load your on-premises data into a Lakehouse.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

DavidPi
Helper II

We installed new gateway. Now we are able to prepare dataflow gen 2 - I can see lakehouse destination, select our lakehouse, select option create new table and append.

I published dataflow. 

But when running I received this another error message:

DavidPi_0-1686656693502.png

DavidPi
Helper II

Any news?

Detail Error is here.

What is suprising - I can see my table in DataflowsStagingLakehouse. So data was loaded to DataflowsStagingLakehouse but could not be loaded to my Lakehouse. I don't understand the reason.

DavidPi_0-1687784720872.png

macmy034
Advocate II

This seems so weird to me, are other people using it with On Prep SQL Ingestion without issue? They must be if its only us having this issue....