Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issues with dashboard tiles from report/pbix using PowerBI Services as datasource

Hi,

I created a pbix file with Power BI service as the datasource and uploaded this to Power BI services from OneDrive. I then pinned visuals from the report to different dashboards.

This work for all dashboards, except for one (which unfortunately happens to be my main production dashboard). The pinned visual shows up in the dashboard, and while using the app workspace I can click on the tile and it opens up the new report. However on my personal workspace (and for any other users), nothing happens when clicking on the tile. When clicking "Show error(s)" on the error message showing above the dashboard canvas, it says: "Looks like the report no longer exists.".PBI error message.png

Any thoughts?

Best regards

Lars-O

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@lottoj

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. Please make sure that the report exists in your personal workspace. Or you can try to pin visual from the report page again.

If issue persists, I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

lottoj
Regular Visitor

Thanks @v-haibl-msft

The issue only applies to one of my dashboards. For other dashboards it works fine.

I'll create a support ticket.

Lars-O

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

blindeye
Helper II

My entire organization is still having this issue repeatedly. I started a thread about it on the community messageboard and a fix was promised for the August update. It all appeared to be working smoothly for about a day after the update was rolled out, but now again people are constantly getting "there is an issue loading one or more tiles" messages at the top of their dashboards.

I don't have access to individual support as I'm a trial user, but clearly I'm not going to become a paid subscriber unless this feature works properly, as it's integral to the way we need to distribute our data (multiple reports for different users based on the same dataset in Live Service Connection)

lottoj
Regular Visitor

yes, the GA of the feature did not resolve my issue either. Support is looking into it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're having the same issues here with reports created using the service. It's unfortunate because we'd like to not have to duplicate datasets.

We have a support ticket open, but nothing yet.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Thanks

blindeye
Helper II

Not yet, no. This has literally been going on for months and there still doesn't sem to be a solution in sight.

lottoj
Regular Visitor

This is the response I got from my support ticket (4th of September):

"I checked the reason with PG and it seems that it’s not really a bug, it’s a feature missing that will be addressed when the remodeling of the permissions workflow is done (that should be in a couple of months)."