Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Issues linking from Teams app to Power BI app

Hi,

We use Microsoft Teams as a hub to host our Power BI Reports. This has generally worked well for us on both the Teams client and Teams app.

We are now experiencing an issue where newly created Power BI tabs in Teams are no longer linking to the app within iOS. I have created an example report today to demonstrate this, and added it to both an existing Teams tab and a new Teams tab.

The former will open the Power BI app directly from the Teams app. The latter will attempt to open it in a browser only.

This is true of all new tabs we create, regardless of whether the contained report is new or old. Existing tabs continue to work correctly, again regardless of whether the report itself is new or old.

It's easy to see in the app as the new ones that don't appear to work have a different icon, as shown in this image (both tabs contain the same report created today):

Mobile Display.jpg

Many thanks.

Comments
bselby
Frequent Visitor

We are also experiencing an issue with the filter date format in relation to the above. Our older existing tabs work fine and can be changed to new reports and retain that correct format, whereas new tabs do not.

I have created an example report today, the only field is a date. If I change an existing tab to this report, the filter is correctly dd/mm/yyyy. If I add a new tab for this report, the filter is m/dd/yyyy:

Date Format Correct.jpgDate Format Incorrect.jpg

Many thanks.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@bselby ,

I'm afraid I could not reproduce this issue. Have you update power bi desktop (ios app) to the latest version?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

bselby
Frequent Visitor

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for looking into this.

Both Power BI Desktop and the iOS app are up to date (August 2020 + V21.2 respectively).

I think the issue may be related to the app for Microsoft Teams? I also now notice that the settings for older Power BI tabs we created within Teams look different to those for new ones we create (and the older work correctly and the newer ones don't):

Power BI Teams App Tab Types.jpg

Many thanks.