Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Issues editing manual measures

I was previously able to create and edit measures in a dashboard that is connected to a live data model. Since this update, this feature has not been functional. Manual measures that I had previously created are frozen and I am not able to create any more. Is this how the app is supposed to function, or is this a possible bug within the update?

Hi  @Jaobrien ,

I can't reproduce your problem, can you provide detailed reproduction steps or screenshots? (Please be careful not to include sensitive information)

Information about the version you are using is also important.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @Jaobrien ,

I can't reproduce your problem, can you provide detailed reproduction steps or screenshots? (Please be careful not to include sensitive information)

Information about the version you are using is also important.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Jaobrien

Good morning Caitlyn,

Here is the version I am currently using:

Jaobrien_0-1702303271042.png

I am working in a dahsboard that is connected to a live SQL Server Analysis Services Database. When I click on 'New Measure', BI creates a new, blank measure but does not allow me to edit it. Clicking on the name of the measure in the Data list doesn't open up a text bar for me to edit. 

It is here: Jaobrien_1-1702303470999.png and it'll allow me to change the format of the measure, but it doesn't populate the text bar to write a formula: Jaobrien_2-1702303527294.png