Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue with Sep-2022 PBI desktop

Since the Sep-2022 update, I noticed that every time I try to close and save the PBI Desktop file, it will error out with attached screen shot error.

When I close the program, it seems not to do anything and other sessions of PBI will stay open.

PBI_Error_Sep-2022.png

Hi @bdn008 ,

I also downloaded the September version of power bi desktop for testing, and this is my exact version.

vmengzhumsft_0-1663747786735.png

I imported the data simply created a report and saved it on the desktop, then closed power bi desktop and no errors occurred during the process.
Is your version situation the same as mine? Did your previous version work fine?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bdn008 ,

Have you still got the same problem?

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft

Power BI Community

Best regards,

bdn008
Advocate I

@v-mengzhu-msft @TaylorClark 

Yes I still do. I even upgraded to a later Sep-2022 version (Version: 2.109.844.0 64-bit (September 2022)) and it is still there. Not when I back up to Aug-2022 version. 

I have exchanged a couple of notes / logs with @TaylorClark but he stoped responding. 

I will wait for the Oct version and will open a (painful) corporate ticket if not resolved. 

IBaumann
Regular Visitor

Same Issue here with latest September Version (Version: 2.109.1021.0 64-bit (September 2022)
As soon we close PDIBestop we get this sometimes also within Work:

IBaumann_0-1665483775998.png

And we get the following Events:

IBaumann_1-1665483797498.pngIBaumann_2-1665483805964.png

Is this already confirmed as a bug and is already known when it gets fixed?

bdn008
Advocate I

I've opened a ticket for this issue - Microsoft Support TrackingID#2210040040008265

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bdn008 ,

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

Best regards,

bdn008
Advocate I

Root cause found, Need to disable Preview Feature - ‘Power BI Desktop infrastructure update’. 

Not sure why was set On as a default in this release. Nor what is the long term soluion when it becomes GA.

1. Open Power BI Desktop.
  2. In the ribbon, go to File > Options and settings > Options.
  3. Under GLOBAL, go to Preview features and uncheck ‘Power BI Desktop infrastructure update’.

bdn008_0-1666123174062.png

Click OK and close Power BI Desktop.

IBaumann
Regular Visitor

@bdn008 Okay, nice to know, thanks!

But thats not the solution from your ticket you opened on Microsoft?
I mean, thats a good to know workaround, but not a solution, thats a feature which is in power bi desktop and i think it should work. Will MS fix that in an upcoming version?
Thanks and best regards 🙂

IBaumann
Regular Visitor
Hi all The bug seems to be fixed in the latest version 2.110.805.0 (October 2022) 64bit. I'm at least not able to reproduce the bug, and the preview feature "Power BI Desktop Infrastructure update" is enabled also. Have a nice weekend!