Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Issue in moving PowerBI Semantic Models between pipeline workspaces

There is an issue when moving items within a PowerBI workspace Pipline. I have had the issue for a few months now and have managed to relicate the issue. The semanitc model fails to move acorss pipelines if the one of the table definitions where removed. 

In the example below, if I removed a table from Model1 and then tried to re-publish the semianitc model from Development to Test within the PowerBI service pipeline, I would get the error. 

Issue.png

Example:

[Current Version in Test] - Model 1: has 3 tables (Table1, Table 2, Table 3)

[New Version in Dev] - Model 1: has 2 tables (Table1,  Table 3)

Hi  @Kraken ,

If two or more items in the workspace to be paired have the same name, type, and folder, pairing fails. You could try moving one item to a different folder or changing its name so that there are no longer two items that match an existing item in the other stage.

Assign a workspace to a deployment pipeline - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @Kraken ,

If two or more items in the workspace to be paired have the same name, type, and folder, pairing fails. You could try moving one item to a different folder or changing its name so that there are no longer two items that match an existing item in the other stage.

Assign a workspace to a deployment pipeline - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Kraken
Advocate I

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft,

Sorry I have changed my previous submission to word it correctly. The table names are the same. The only thing I have changed is the removal of one of the tables within the semantic data model. This is when I get the error message.