Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue connecting to mariadb from datamart

Unable to connect to a maria db from the datamart, have no issues connecting when using powerbi desktop, and with setting up scheduled refresh using an on-premise gateway connector with powerbi online.

Error is either "An exception occurred: 3 arguments were passed to a function which expects between 1 and 2."

or "Unexpected error" depending on if I specify the database in the datasource (which from the placeholder text should be valid).

Screenshot 2022-09-10 142154.pngScreenshot 2022-09-10 142057.pngScreenshot 2022-09-10 141927.png

Hi @mark-alford ,

Recently we have received feedback about problems connecting to Maria DB, and in most cases there are problems with invalid credentials.
I tried to reproduce your problem but it didn't appear the same as yours.
Is this a temporary problem and does the problem still exist?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @mark-alford ,

Recently we have received feedback about problems connecting to Maria DB, and in most cases there are problems with invalid credentials.
I tried to reproduce your problem but it didn't appear the same as yours.
Is this a temporary problem and does the problem still exist?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

mark-alford
Regular Visitor

The MariaDB connector is now no longer available as a source in the PowerBI Datamart?

bingbadabom
Helper I

I don't get as far as credentials, the connector is missing from the list when creating a datamart.