Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Invalid report: There is no dataset associated with this report.

Invalid report.JPG

Over the last couple of weeks my end users have been reporting this message when they attempt to view reports. If I share the report with them again, sending an email notification, they can open the report through the email link, but they cannot open the report within the service itself, under their "Shared with me" section. They get the "Invalid report" message for about 8 out of 10 reports they try to open.

I've checked the Settings/Datasets/Gateway connection and they all appear to be active and consistent across both reports they can open and reports they cannot.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I couldn't reproduce the problem.

Try to remove the access to the report and then reshare the report with them.

Regards,

Lin

Traceyb

Hi,

We have the exact same issue..

Have you worked out what is causing it?

Thanks

Tracey 

astevens
Advocate II

I have not worked out what is causing it. Currently, on another thread, they recommended setting up a Workspace in the online service and putting all of the reports into there. Then sharing access to that workspace for anyone who views reports. I've begun that process and so far it appears to be working (users do not report receiving the Invalid report error message).

Helenm
Regular Visitor

Have also been having this same issue over the last week or two. The reports are published in my personal workspace, I will try republishing to a shared workspace.

LazareSycamore
Regular Visitor

Hi @astevens - could you please share link to this another thread? 

What I've found, out in our case, is that refreshing browser several times eventually helps. 

astevens
Advocate II
YogeshT
Regular Visitor

I am facing same issue user getting error while using reports shared with him.

Invalid reportThere is no record associated with this report. Open the report's Settings pane and select a data set to bind the report to.