Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Interaction between selection pane en formatting pane

Hi,

I noticed that the interaction between the selection pane and the formatting is not working properly. Recent update has changed this behaviour. It seems to 'select' the wrong visual.

For instance, I'm trying to format visual by selecting them from within the selection pane. For some kind of reason the selected visual is not represented in the formatting pane. The other 2 button "Add data to your visual" and "Add further analyses to your visual" work fine, but format your visual is not. I guess it has to do with the new formatting pane.

Power BI Desktop 2.115.842.0 64-bit (march 2023)

Example #1

Visual is not hidden, formatting pane thinks it is.

PVO3_0-1680247240236.png

Example #2

Analysis tools are displayed in the format pane. Selected visual is a bookmark navigator.

PVO3_1-1680247721000.png

Example #3

Analysis tools are displayed when format pane is selected. Selected visual is a line chart

PVO3_2-1680247879398.png

Hi @PVO3 ,

For some unidentifiable reason, I wasn't able to reproduce your question. Would you mind providing a sample pbix file that does not contain sensitive information?
We'll get back to the product team as soon as we are sure it is indeed an issue.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
PVO3
Impactful Individual

This issue doesn't only seem to be related towards the selection pane. Also manually selecting (directly clicking the visual) doesn't give the correct formatting pane. 

It problably has something to do with grouping of visuals...

This is really frustrating. For every visual I have to format I have to remove it from the group and restart Power BI Desktop. Otherwise I'm not able to correctly select and format the visual. Once I'm able to select the correct visual I also can manually input (typing numbers) the dimensions of the visual. This, because it will revert them back to the original dimensions. I have to drag the visual to it's max size and then I'm able to type the dimensions in.

I'm experiencing so many issues with this. For some kind of reason Power BI thinks positive numbers are less then 0...

PVO3_0-1680251313105.png

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @PVO3 ,

For some unidentifiable reason, I wasn't able to reproduce your question. Would you mind providing a sample pbix file that does not contain sensitive information?
We'll get back to the product team as soon as we are sure it is indeed an issue.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn