Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Instead of importing data, it is using directquery

I am creating new reports and whenever I need to import data from bigquery, I choose import, but it runs the changes I make in power query, in bigquery and the cost of running reports is unbearable.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Wolfiz has provided the good suggestion,You may kindly see if it hepls.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
Wolfiz
Frequent Visitor

Hi , your issue is not clear for me.  You mean the report switch itself from import to directquery ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!!

I am importing a table  (I'm not using directquery) from bigquery into my power bi report. Does this make a cost in bigquery?

And, the transformations I make in powerquery, are they supposed to appear in the bigquery project history?  And, does this make a cost in bigquery? I am very confused.

Wolfiz
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

BigQuery is provided by Google but normally when it has been created it was mentionned the cost related to the size and the traffic. So importing data on PowerBI from Google may involve a cost (depending of the amount of Data) - I advice you to check your Google to see such cost details

https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/estimate-costs?hl=en

About the transformation you've done in PowerQuery , normally it won't appear on your project history as it's running on your tool (Powerbi desktop, Online, Excel etc... )

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

Wolfiz has provided the good suggestion,You may kindly see if it hepls.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn