Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Incorrect Version of Power BI Desktop Download

According to the downloads page for Power BI Desktop (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494), the latest release is 2.102.622.0. When selecting to download PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe (English), it downloads version 2.100.1401.0 - a previous version and not the latest version.

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Problem description: Cx downloaded the latest version Power BI Desktop from Microsoft Download Center and found the version displayed in Desktop is wrong after installation.

ICM: 289626619

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
Bi2thelly
Helper I

I'm seeing the same thing. It also says it is the December edition even though I downloaded and installed the version dated 2/14/22.

Bi2thelly_0-1644939375811.pngBi2thelly_1-1644939403065.png

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, 

If you have a problem upgrading the Power BI desktop from the web download link, I suggest you to uninstall the current version and install the Power BI Desktop from the Microsoft store, it will help you to automatically upgrade if there is a new version release:

https://radacad.com/power-bi-desktop-download-or-microsoft-store-app-which-one

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Bi2thelly
Helper I

I actually did the uninstall and reinstall when I first noticed the discrepancy. After the new install it did not change and the discrepancy remained.

beckajohns
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I prefer to control when updates are made so the Microsoft Store isn't a good option for me. Any updates?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Problem description: Cx downloaded the latest version Power BI Desktop from Microsoft Download Center and found the version displayed in Desktop is wrong after installation.

ICM: 289626619

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,