Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

I'm having an issue since 08/09

MLEWIKATZ_0-1662989099193.png

More details: Resource Governing: This query uses more memory than the configured limit. The query — or calculations referenced by it — might be too memory-intensive to run. To run this query, you could simplify the query or its calculations, or reach out to your capacity administrator to see if they can increase the per-query memory limit. More details: consumed memory 1331 MB, memory limit 1331 MB. Learn more, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2159752.
Activity ID: c17d057e-f321-48dd-a738-179bdec250dd
Correlation ID: 40d74f34-1bd1-a9d4-c007-9db6754f5c26
Request ID: c5fb6f81-2806-43aa-b4dc-0eeeffc22cc8
Time: Mon Sep 12 2022 10:19:24 GMT-0300 (Brasilia Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.19087.41
Client version: 2209.2.13242-train
Cluster URI: https://df-msit-scus-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Hi @MLEWIKATZ 

Was the report within a premium capacity assign workspace?

If yes , I would suggest you check your capacity Query Memory Limit settings (The maximum percentage of available memory in the workload that can be used for executing a MDX or DAX query. The default value is 0, which results in SKU-specific automatic query memory limit being applied.). Please try to increase this setting then run the report again. You can check RAM available for each SKU here

Otherwise, please download the report and open it in Power BI desktop, try to optimize the report based on this document

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @MLEWIKATZ 

Was the report within a premium capacity assign workspace?

If yes , I would suggest you check your capacity Query Memory Limit settings (The maximum percentage of available memory in the workload that can be used for executing a MDX or DAX query. The default value is 0, which results in SKU-specific automatic query memory limit being applied.). Please try to increase this setting then run the report again. You can check RAM available for each SKU here

Otherwise, please download the report and open it in Power BI desktop, try to optimize the report based on this document

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Sumsar
Helper II

@v-yetao1-msft

The real issue seems to be, that MS changed the available ressources gradually for non-premium datasets. We have more and more reports that have been running fine for years, that now gives us the above error. Nothing else has changed in the reports, and datasize is the same...

This is super critical for us and our customers.

And I would expect a better answer to justify this change.

/Rasmus