Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

I have an idea: return to the old login

Hello, 

as a MS fan and PBI lover, i must say i truly hate the actual login in foruns.

Just a quick example: now, when i arrive home, i can't do a simple login here or on PUG foruns, because you want the organizational email, but, my organzation doesn't want to implement the necessary to allow me to do login on my personal laptop or even profissional laptop, so i admit i have to configure VPN or connect to my Organizational Virtual Machine.

But the fault is not on my organization, is on Microsoft. 

I truly don't know what the He11 you were thinking... I don't see any advantage on this way of login'in....

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous ,

I will consult this issue internally. I will post back once I get feedback.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Investigating

Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely agree. I switch between several Microsoft organisational accounts during my day, and it's ridiculous that I can't view forum posts when logged in as the wrong one. It just redirects me to link my account with something.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed - before the February update it seemed like things were working more smoothly, but since updating I am getting the same consistent issues:

- difficulties logging in on desktop

- 'you do not have access to publish to this workspace' despite being logged in

chass
Impactful Individual

Thank you for your feedback. 

To align with the Power BI product and provide a more safe expeirence we will not be degrading to the less safe local accounts. 

chass
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Declined

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's unsafe about it? It's a feedback forum account, not a bank vault.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"What's unsafe about it? It's a feedback forum account, not a bank vault."

That's a valid question. Or does Microsoft imply that using a Microsoft account (vs Office 365 organisational account) is unsafe?

Anonymous
Not applicable

"To align with the Power BI product and provide a more safe expeirence we will not be degrading to the

less safe local accounts. "

From what i know, it doesn't make it more safe, but i can assure you that the experience has degraded. Have you thought on people login at home, experimenting Power BI, and all cases where we simply need help or give some?.... So what's the idea ? Tomorrow i'll login and help out this guy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, can someone explain what it's the advantage to the user? 

Nobody from MS answers, so we can conclude that it is absolutely zero!