Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

I can't reinstall power bi(May 2023) Desktop just after unnistaling it

HI

I installed the Power BI software and for some reason I had to delete it.

When I tried to install it again, it gave me the repair/remove option, but I completely deleted the program and there is no trace of it. Every time I select the repair/remove option, it tries to repair/remove the program, but it realizes that there is no such program at all, but it doesn't seem to be convinced that the program has been completely removed.

Hi  @AmirHossein_P 

How did you uninstall your Desktop ? Did you check it in Control Pane => Programs and Features ? PBI Desktop will not show up inside Programs and Features if you uninstall it cleanly . We recommend that you uninstall PBI Desktop from this program and then install it again.

vyetao1msft_0-1686019107027.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @AmirHossein_P 

How did you uninstall your Desktop ? Did you check it in Control Pane => Programs and Features ? PBI Desktop will not show up inside Programs and Features if you uninstall it cleanly . We recommend that you uninstall PBI Desktop from this program and then install it again.

vyetao1msft_0-1686019107027.png

Best Regards,

AmirHossein_P
Regular Visitor

hi @v-yetao1-msft 

Thank you for your Comment . 

I can't remember how to delete but  I think I used "advance unistaller" .

So it does not matter how i deleted it , as you said , it completely deleted  and I check control panel  thousand times.PBI Desktop does not show up inside Programs and Features or anywhere else.

for example I checked setting -> Apps  and it was useless . 

I think there are just temp files or I don't know hidden files 🙂 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @AmirHossein_P 

So when you download the installer from the download center and run it as administrator, will it install properly?

Best Regards,