Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

High Latency (2-5 min) to Auto Start/Stop Power BI Embedded Capacity

Hi, 

I have integrated Power BI for customers in my Power Pages instance and connected Power BI Capacity. 

For analytics and monitoring purposes, I have also connected Power Pages with Application Insights. 

I wrote a script that allows me to Resume/Suspend Power BI Embedded Capacity based on whether a user login Power Pages. The business logic is that if authenticated users>0, trigger capacity.

However, the problem that I am facing is that there's a high latency (2-5 min) for Application Insights to receive the information from Power Pages which means that Power BI Embedded Capacity is starting 2 minutes after the user authenticated himself. 

Do you know a way to tackle that? Is there something like an app that I can set up in between in order to minimize latency? 

Maybe Event Hub or something similar? Interested in hearing alternatives as well, thanks

Thanks

Hi  @Anonymous ,

loading time mainly depends on elements relevant to the report and data itself, including visuals, the size of the data, and the complexity of the queries and measures. For more information, see the Power BI optimization guide.

For more you may also refer to Best practices for faster performance in Power BI embedded analytics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @Anonymous ,

loading time mainly depends on elements relevant to the report and data itself, including visuals, the size of the data, and the complexity of the queries and measures. For more information, see the Power BI optimization guide.

For more you may also refer to Best practices for faster performance in Power BI embedded analytics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn