Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hide columns reset to unhidden when refreshing

Hello everyone,

i'm facing a weird problem. When refreshing data to my pbix file(with refresh button), all hidden columns becomes unhidden.

My data source is sql server and my power bi version is 2.88.1682.0 64-bit (December 2020)

I found this Solved: Hide tables resets to Unhidden with data refresh - Microsoft Power BI Community but didn't work..

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you,

Artemis

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@aandreou 

I tried the latest version of Power BI Desktop to create a report but cannot reproduce the issue. Try to recreate the report.

aandreou
Advocate I

Hello @v-chuncz-msft ,

thank you for your response.

I have created the report from scratch and everything were ok at the begining. After that i sent the pbix file to a customer, he made some changes and sent it back to me.

After that i opened the new file, and the problem was still present. When refreshing the data, all hidden columns became unhidden.

It is not practical to recreate a new report every day..

Do you have any ideas?

At your disposal for any further info,

Artemis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

Try to active this feature :

onurbmiguel_0-1615565098893.png

regards 

aandreou
Advocate I

Hello @Anonymous ,

Thank you very much for your response!

After activating this feature, the problem was solved!

Best regards,

aandreou

rsrwebsupport
Frequent Visitor

I just ran into this issue today and I tried toggling that setting but it didn't fix the issue.  Is there anything else I have to do besides enabling the setting and re-publishing the dataset?

EDIT: I opened a support ticket and they said this is an outstanding bug.