Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hidden reports in app doesn't work

After yesterdays update to Power BI Service app publishing I've had to rebuild my entire navigation menu. That is OK, but all dashboards that are based on hidden reports now doesn't work.

Workaround is unhiding the underlying reports, but I don't want the reports in the navigation panel, it just get messy. Please fix so drilling down from dashboards to a hidden report work again.

Hi @Gauteweb 

I created a dashboard based on my report , then hide my report in app ,but I can see the dashboard in app normally . Maybe you can clear your broswer cache and update again .

Recording 2022-09-02 at 13.57.35.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
nachoorozcog
Regular Visitor

did you find a way to roll back this?

rsa21
Frequent Visitor

Hi this is the same issue as https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Trying-to-update-Power-BI-App-with-the-new-experience/idi-p/... and urgently needs a fix thanks Richard

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Gauteweb 

I created a dashboard based on my report , then hide my report in app ,but I can see the dashboard in app normally . Maybe you can clear your broswer cache and update again .

Recording 2022-09-02 at 13.57.35.gif

Best Regards,

Gauteweb
Advocate II

Sorry about the late reply.

I tried it again and it works on most dashboards now.

The problem isn't that the dashboard disapears, but that the tiles don't load unless the report is visible:

Gauteweb_0-1662463289989.png

But most work fine now, some, like this one, is still bugging.

namansrivastava
Frequent Visitor

I face the same issue. I have many reports which I don't want to show on the navigation pane but would like to be accessible via a link. So, now I have too unhide them and show many reports on the navigation pane which is a nightmare for regular app users.

Andreas_O
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue and think I found a workaround.

If I unhide my reports, deploy the app and afterwards hide and deploy it again it will work. Seems that some required permissions won't be set if a report is hidden during the first deployment.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @Gauteweb 

You can try the method provided by @Andreas_O  . Maybe this method will help you .

Best Regards,

GonzaloB
Helper I

As another user commented, unpublishing the app, deleting and recreating it solved the issue for me. I now have the new menu when creating the app, but old navigation menu when inside the app.

Hope this helps someone.

GonzaloB
Helper I

As another user commented, unpublishing the app, deleting and recreating it solved the issue for me. I now have the new menu when creating the app, but old navigation menu when inside the app.

Hope this helps someone.

dave64164624
Frequent Visitor

Is there any plan to fix this? Deploying and re-deploying is not feasible and does not seem to consistently fix the issue anyways.