Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Granting external user access to a workspace

Hi all,

Having an issue with granting an external user access to a workspace.

I've set up the user in Azure AD as a Guest.

I've enabled "Allow Azure Active Directory guest users to edit and manage content" via the Power BI Admin Portal.

I've sent an invite to the guest user.

We have Power BI Pro license.  External users also has Power BI Pro license.

When I try to add the guest user as a member or contributor to the workspace, I'm getting the following error:

rrhascall_0-1683835447696.png

Any thoughts on why I'm not able to add the guest external user to the workspace?  

Do they need to accept the invite first?  Is there a way I can accept the invite for them or confirm them another way?

Hi  @rrhascall ,

I checked past threads on this issue and this is usually a temporary error, a few hours have passed since you posted, does this issue still exist?

For original post:Solved: Re: Couldn't update group - Microsoft Power BI Community

You may also refer to Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @rrhascall ,

I checked past threads on this issue and this is usually a temporary error, a few hours have passed since you posted, does this issue still exist?

For original post:Solved: Re: Couldn't update group - Microsoft Power BI Community

You may also refer to Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Felix_liu
Regular Visitor

i have same question  Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation.

Snipaste_2023-11-06_15-49-22.png