Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Google Analytics Connectior Beta (2.0) - "description" record not found

Hello,

Thank you for providing the GA4 connector for the Power BI Desktop.

I encountered an issue when I tried to connect the GA4 account to our dataset, I encountered the error as mentioned above.

aglpr_0-1688440121404.png

Anyone knew what is the issue? I tried to navigate to other GA4 property/GA4 account and it's working fine

Thank you!

Hi  @aglpr 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
VictorVdoS

Hello, I have the same problem. I'm using the latest versions of PBI Desktop and have other accounts, but only one of them is experiencing this error and they all have Google Signals enabled.

TheMech
Frequent Visitor

Goodday @v-yetao1-msft ,

After the recent update (25/09/2023, using the 64-bit version), the occuring problem still remains unsolved and we haven't received any new information (or a solution) in de past month(s) regarding the issue.

Could we get an update on this topic?

Kind regards,
Lucas van Dijk

solivercmg

I also have the same error: 

"The field "description" of the record wasn't found. "

I am using the latest Power BI Desktop. 

@v-yetao1-msft  is there any movement on this since May 2023?

mfinlay
Advocate I

Any update on this bug please, this is a particular pain point for us?

thanks

Matt

dml
Regular Visitor

any news for this bug?

please... it's a big inconvenience!

Thanks

Flbino

Error still occurs, can you provide an update? It's urgent! Thanks 🙂

Marcin82
Frequent Visitor

Any additional info? How it is possible that we can't connect to GA? Unbelivable

LucdeRooij
Regular Visitor

Are there any updates on this issue?

TheMech
Frequent Visitor

hi @ReportMaster ,

3rd party tools are not an option in our case, our best bet is to wait until a fix is available.

A workaround like such is just too big of a hassle for small, practical but crucial results.

Kind regards,

Lucas van Dijk

LucdeRooij
Regular Visitor

Hi @TheMech 

Totally agree, also it looks like @ReportMaster is simply an advertising account for that windsor site; literally every comment posted by that account refers to that company.