Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gateway disabled

ello, 

I wondr if there is someone facing the same problem as me. 

My  Enterprise Gateway was working smoothly until yesterday.  I don't know how but i cannot choose my EG to refresh my dataset : 

constat.JPG

I created a sample report to test the datasources, in the example below the error (EG disabled) is happening when i use a merge join in my power query : 

Cas PBI.JPG

when i deploy the report with this step i have this error "You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway" 

but deploying without the merge join, everything works fine => i can select the EG! 

I use Two souces in my report : 

SQLSEVER for RLS table 

Excle file for Fichier table 

It seems strange to have this issue after a join operation in the model. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Best Regards, 

KSABI

Comments
David_V
Frequent Visitor

As I couldn't wait for a fix (I agree with both of you, this is an old issue which as been accepted so I don't understand why this is taking so long...) I tried the workaround and it is not as difficult as I first understood.

You have to configure the gateway separetly only for the data sources which are combined.

For example if you combine a directory "D" whith a file "F" you have to configure one data source for the folder "D" (no need to configure for each file) and one data source for the file "F".

wmorris20
Helper II

I agree the workaround is relatively easy for an individual or small business, but it's not feasible for a corporation.

vsagan
Frequent Visitor

Any update on this?

This is becoming an old issue for what used to be a key feature.

I previously asked about this two weeks ago with no response.  What's going on?

This was a key feature we were using for at least one year.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All, 

This issue has been fixed. I have verified it. Could you please try it again and give some feedback?

There is a new release of Gateway. Please upgrade it first for better performance, which has nothing to do with this issue.

Best Regards,

Dale

David_V
Frequent Visitor

Hello Dale,

I just update the gateway to the latest version (14.16.6524.1) to verify and I can confirm that this is still not working.

David