Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Format Visual settings keep disappearing when clicked on an object

In March version of PowerBI Desktop - I keep running into a bug where the Format Visual settings (Visual and General tabs) keep disappearing despite an object being selected in the canvas or selection pane. I have run into this issue many times and have been unable to find a fix for it. This is making development work extremely time consuming as one now has to wait for it to eventually work normally again or close and re-open the report.

Hi @kg808 ,

No similar feedback received from other users for the time being. I suggest you try to clear cache in Options> Data load or reinstall Desktop.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @kg808 ,

No similar feedback received from other users for the time being. I suggest you try to clear cache in Options> Data load or reinstall Desktop.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

C4YNelis
Advocate II

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft ,

I'm surprised to learn there are no other users complaining about this. This bug is very annoying indeed and very often appearing (speaking for myself).

I've never reported it myself, since it only seemed to occur with on-object interaction enabled. However, with On-Object preview turned off, currently working with the new card visual, I again have this same issue.

I have been playing around a bit with various settings for the labels, details and title and I have been switching a bit between the general and visual specific formatting tab of the new card. Finally after clicking a regular old card and again my new card, my visual specific formatting tab was gone. Also, the measure that I have added doesn't show a value anymore. The one thing that works is to remove the measure that's already present and re-add it. Doing that seems to reset the measure specific settings, showing a value, label and what's more, my visual formatting tab.

C4YNelis_0-1704194216200.png

p.s. Something simular happens with on-object interaction enabled, where sometimes the build menu becomes unavailable, often having clicked a shape (I haven't tested this recently though, but this bug has also been around for a while already). This is less annoying though, since it's easy to get it back by clicking around a bit.

Cheers,

Niels