Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export underlying data returning only totals row.

Hi, 

I checked all the settings of my report, but not able to find where I am missing. 

2019-06-03 21_28_50-Options.png

When I export the data "Underlying" excel, the only total row is being exported. 

Could anyone please let me know if I need to change anything on my report settings. 

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the issue, but I would like to if this is a bug or limitation of MSFT. 

I am using a _measures table (Disconnected). 

As Per Limitation, if data is coming from more than 1 table where there is no relation between two tables, then only data from the first table will be downloaded. In my case, it is "_Measures". 

limitations.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Is it possible for you to share a sample pbix file with us? Please remove sensitive data and upload it to your OneDrive and paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft  Any update on this issue ?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 126282225. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I got the information below: 

"Per the documentation: "If the visual uses data from more than one data table, and no relationship exists for those tables in the data model, only data for the first table is exported."

- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data

It seems like the customer realized that and responded in the linked thread. Please inform the customer that this is a limitation and not a bug. To export the full data, they need to create a relationship between all the tables used in the visual.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

rdg515
Resolver I

Based on my testing, I do not believe the following limitation is adequately explained.

Per the documentation: "If the visual uses data from more than one data table, and no relationship exists for those tables in the data model, only data for the first table is exported.

- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data

I was also working with a dedicated Measures table, so in order to satisfy the requirement above I created a dummy value of 1 in my Measures table, and joined it to my Fact table which also had a dummy value of 1 for every row.  My chart was using a Measure from the Measures table, which is now joined to the Data Model via a 1 to * relationship with the only Fact table.

When exporting all underlying data, I still only got a single record with the Total value for the measure.  The only way I can get this to work is to move the Measure from the dedicated Measures table to the Fact table.

alexabell
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have this same issue, I have not attempted to create a relationship yet.

This seems like an oversight if it is a limitation due to the fact "best practice" is to organize measures this way. Was there any resolution to this issue?

Thank you,

alexabell
Frequent Visitor

I've just created relationships between measures and Fact tables and can confirm I'm still only recieving the Total line. I would appreciate assistance!

Thank you,