Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export to file for power bi reports in PDF doesn't work for Storage Mode mixed

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build an power automate flow to extract a specific report from a premium workspace to PDF. The Dataset with whole data and my report dataset(which has also created a dataset in the service) are splitted and connected with a "storage mode: mixed". My problem is that if I try to create a pdf with power automate, my matrix is showing me -> "Can't display visual". I know that for imported datasets this is not a problem and also exporting in the service is fine.

Hope this get fixed since seperating data and report view was recommended.
Cheers!

Hi @Andy_ ,

Glad you solve the problem by yourself!😊

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Andy_ ,

By my test export mixed mode report to PDF in Service works fine, also haven't found any limitation about this in the official document: Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Learn.

Does the report render normally in Service but failed when export to PDF? 

Best regards,

Andy_
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft 

the export to pdf in the service works fine. As I mentioned it is not working if I download it to pdf with an "power automate" flow see below. 

Andy__1-1679408429329.png

Here is a picture of the Service datastructure(above) and below the flow I've build.

Andy__2-1679408492522.png

In the "Export To File for Power BI Reports" I use the 2nd Dataset of picture above "RFC_Budget".

BR
Andy_

Andy_
Frequent Visitor

I guess I found my issue.

I had to delete the report page(blue in the service) of the big Dataset. After that it showed me the visuals. 🙂

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Andy_ ,

Glad you solve the problem by yourself!😊

Best regards,