Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export to Power Point does not support Danish letters æ,ø,å-Æ,Ø,Å in filters

We have been trying out the new Export to Power Point with filters but has come across an issue with our native letters æ,ø and å.

Whenever a filter value contains one (1) or more of said letters, the PowerPoint slides are left data-blank (as the new filter value does not exists, hence no data is returned).

Please observe the report in the Power BI Service and the corresponding change in filter value in the exported Power Point slide.

Images attached.

Filter in Service

FilterInService.png

Filter in PowerPoint

FilterInPowerPoint.png

Brgds

Jens

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vestergaardj,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 106511608. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just want to add that a related issue applies when the column names used in the filters include Scandinavian letters, and not only the data visualised in the filter.

If a column includes ÆØÅ the filter will change to 'All' in the PowerPoint export.

Using Måned instead of Month as a time dimension column name, and exporting filter value 'January' will result in values based on 'All' in the month filter (unless report is saved with January as filter value...).

Brgds,

Magne 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vestergaardj ,

I got information that "Created bug in backlog, it's working by design but its a limitation we need to fix". 

@Anonymous  Please post the issue in a new thread as your issue is a little different from current topic. We will reply to you in your thread after investigating. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

vestergaardj
Advocate I

Hi Qiuyun Yu

Not to be arguing about it, but I can hardly believe the team designed the feature to work only with a subset of characters, specifically. 😉

Maybe one of the Personas the team is working with should named Øyvind (DK), Åshild (NO) or Ärfrid (SE) - Or maybe a SalesRep in the sales team dimension!?

Is there any way I can track progress on the bug?

Brgds

Jens

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vestergaardj ,

It's a internal bug so I'm afraid you are not able to track it. Will keep you update once I get new information. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Tuealarsen
Frequent Visitor

Any news on this issue?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Tuealarsen

I'm trying to reach out the PG team, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Tuealarsen

The issue is fixed now. Please test again on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Tuealarsen
Frequent Visitor

Great, it works fine. Thanks a lot.

Another problem with exportings is, that you also export hidden pages. Which are not hidden in the exportet file.