Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export to PDF or PPT always takes default values

When exporting a report as an image to PPT (or to PDF), there is an option to export with default values or with the current selection. No matter what I try, the export is always with the default values. This is for all reports that we currently have online.

Example: Select wk 33 in report:

Remo__1-1661157817883.png

Export using current values

Remo__0-1661157727436.png

Output in ppt:

Remo__2-1661157851973.png

(which is the default slicer selection)

Anyone else experiencing these issues? Or is this a known issue? When will a fix be expected?

Hi @Remo_ 

The problem is being solved, please wait patiently .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we expect a real solution soon? This check is used in reports for a reason. This also takes a lot of time to republish all the reports one by one to enable export.

Not to mention the option that you get when exporting a report, when you click with Current Values, it does not do what's intended.

loncken
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issues with a report that's drawing live data from an API and was built online, so republishing isn't an option. Please get this resolved ASAP, it's impacting internal processes!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Remo_ 

It's a known issue , the ID of ICM is 329791783If there is news, I will come back and update . 

Best Regards,

more_bpi
Regular Visitor

Hi Support,

We are facing the same issue since last week, and we've tried everything we could think that would fix it.

And we thought maybe this has to do with some updates to the Desktop app, so I've downgraded to version June 2022, but that didn’t fix the issue. This feature used to work properly last month, so I’m not sure what got changed.

Thank You.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also facing this issue, infact users of our reports are facing issue and it is not feasible for me to republish all reports.

K-Rod
Regular Visitor

Hi Support,

May we please have an estimate of when issue 329791783  will be addressed?  We are reliant on pulling the proper data, so this is causing a big problem for us and our customers. 

Thanks. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Remo_ 

The problem is being solved, please wait patiently .

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yetao1-msft, good day! 

I just tested it, and the issue is not resolved. Power BI Service still ignores all the filters during the export. 

Regards,

Anton

more_bpi
Regular Visitor

Hi @Ailsa-msft,

This issue is not resolved, yet. I've tested it, and we are still getting the default values when exporting to PDF.

Thanks.

best,

more_pbi

AHeyman_
Regular Visitor

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I had a ticket raised with Microsoft for this issue and they have now informed me that the issue is resolved.

I have tested the exports on my reports and apps and they look to be working correctly again.

Thanks