Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export to PDF or PPT always takes default values

When exporting a report as an image to PPT (or to PDF), there is an option to export with default values or with the current selection. No matter what I try, the export is always with the default values. This is for all reports that we currently have online.

Example: Select wk 33 in report:

Remo__1-1661157817883.png

Export using current values

Remo__0-1661157727436.png

Output in ppt:

Remo__2-1661157851973.png

(which is the default slicer selection)

Anyone else experiencing these issues? Or is this a known issue? When will a fix be expected?

Hi @Remo_ 

The problem is being solved, please wait patiently .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
awright19
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately my reports are still not exporting properly unless I uncheck the Persistent Filters option.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Remo_ 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Remo_
Advocate III

@v-yetao1-msft the problem seems to have re-appeared:

Selection in the PBI service:

Remo__0-1661414105830.png

Export settings:

Remo__1-1661414133128.png

Output in .ppt:

Remo__2-1661414183772.png

Would you be so kind to re-open this ticket?

AHeyman_
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

I am still having this issue. Using the settings advised earlier in this thread have not resolved the problem.

Could you please re-open this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I am also experiencing this issue. Can it please be investigated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! The issue is not resolved, and Power BI exports ppt and pdf files ignoring all the filters selected. Please re-open the ticket since the issue is clearly not fixed.

@v-yetao1-msftadding to my comment above, I am an administrator in the workspace, and the issue does not impact me, i.e. Power BI keeps all filters while exporting the current data in the ppt/pdf format. However, all our users (free users accessing a premium workspace) are facing the issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yetao1-msft ; Remo is in my team and we're again experiencing the same issue.

Looking at the other comments, this is something which is a bigger issue.

Could you please re-open the ticket?

Thanks in advance

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Remo_
Advocate III

Solution

For anyone reading this, it seems that the August update of Power BI desktop has introduced some new behavior of the persistent filters setting in the Power BI service when exporting a report.

Make sure to UNCHECK the persistent filters checkbox, under the Report settings (screenshot). Publish the report again to the service and the export includes the current filter selection.

Remo__0-1661766828109.png

Regards,

@Remo_ 

meganpbiuser
Regular Visitor

Unchecking that box has other undesirable consequences. That is not a full solution since doing that will have other effects. Please leave this issue as open.