Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Excel - Getting PowerB DataSets "An error occurred when trying to fetchlist of datasets" - E

In Excel 365, this worked a week ago.... When I go to Get Data -> From Power BI

A sidebar error message comes up "Power BI Datasets" . An error occurred when tryign to fetch list of datasets. Unable to connect to Power BI to load your datasts. Please try again orcontact Power BI support.

Detials:

FetchDatasets was unsuccessfull.

RequestID: c4b3d200-a7e7-b431-9084-07c90d8d0e20

Status code 400

Time: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 17:32:45 GMT

Version 1.119.0

Hi @asjones ,

This has been acknowledged as a Power BI Known issue, and engineers will fix this in the future.
As a workaround:

Customer can navigate to the Power BI datasets hub and search for the dataset they need to connect to and click Analyze in Excel to generate an Excel workbook connected to the Power BI dataset.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
NSnoap
Regular Visitor

Another PBI Service admin here, and multiple users in my organization are now having this same issue. It started last Friday, April 15th, and has been gradually affecting more users since then. Three more reported it today.

I suspect something that came via Windows Update having broken something, given the staggered nature of how this issue is presenting itself for different users.

asjones
Helper IV

I hope Microsoft is scrambing internally to fix this issue and not just sitting on it that seems to be showing up in many environments. I do wish MS would give public update.

DVBI
Regular Visitor

Did anyone find a fix for this? I've just had users report it in our environment today..

tomtang
Helper III

I am also having the same issue starting this week, has anyone found any solution yet?

I've tried installing the Analyze in Excel updates and updating the Excel.

Nothing works...

Thank you.

tomtang_0-1650337292482.png

Khameda
Regular Visitor

We face the same issue. Still looking for a solution

rsaccone
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.  Multiple users all began experiencing the same error in the last week or so.  This is clearly a systemic issue on MSFT's end.  @v-xiaoyan-msft please escalate! 

asjones
Helper IV

I am confused @v-xiaoyan-msft  can't you esclate this?

CAS-Tom
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft , I have opened an support request ID 2204190010001066.

Can you please escalate this? Clearly this issue does not affect just 1 single user/tenant, as per the various members commenting on this forum thread.

ikechukwu
Employee

We are investigating this at the moment. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I'd follow up with an update.

Matan
Frequent Visitor

We face the same issue too