Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Esri Arcgis Maps does not load on Power BI Desktop for some files

For some reason, on some of my pbix files, the esri arcgis files will not load. I just get the loading screen below

Capture.PNG

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is myself and three colleagues who are all having the loading bar screen issue. I have tried deactivating ArcMaps, clearing the cache but no luck. We are using the most up to date version of Power BI.

Can anyone help?

In addition, another custom visual 'Zoomcharts' Drill down donut chart is not displaying anything.

Antz
Regular Visitor

I've been having the same issues with the desktop version.

The cache has been cleared out twice; and the ArcGIS map is only showing the map and the spinning loading circle, it hasn't visualised the data yet.

I've opened the sample map file and it worked fine for me. I've also tried it with the web version of Power BI using the same database that gets created when I publish the report and it worked fine and did exactly what I needed it to.

I'm using postcodes as that's all that my work place collects; I had it set up in the modelling to be read as postcodes, I've also set it to be whole numbers to see if that worked - but nothing yet.

EDIT: Murphy's Law? As soon as I posted this, it decided to work - not even sure what made it work!