Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error with converting a live query to direct query

I have previously made a Live connection to an AAS model and then successfully converted it to DirectQuery.
But I think with some recent update, there is a bug which is giving me this error:

pbi bug 2-17-2023.png

This is happening even with a brand new PBIX file connected to live model and trying to convert it to DirectQuery.
Again, months back I was successfully able to convert the same model. So clearly this is a bug with some recent update.

Hi @virgup01 ,

I did a simple test and it worked fine for me.
My test Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (February 2023)

What is your Power BI cluster? Have you tested it on other machines?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @virgup01 ,

I did a simple test and it worked fine for me.
My test Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (February 2023)

What is your Power BI cluster? Have you tested it on other machines?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

DataInsights
Super User

I'm getting this same error after upgrading to the February 2023 version. The December 2022 version did not have this issue. Steps to reproduce error:

1. Using Power BI Desktop, connect to a published dataset using Live Connection.

2. Click "Transform data".

3. Click "Add a local model" when prompted.

4. Click "Submit" for the selected dataset.

Error:

DataInsights_0-1676929101668.png

NenadBosnjak

hello together

I have the same problem that since the version February 2023 I am not able to create multiple connections in my Power Bi Report. For example it is not possible to connect my tables from DWH and Tabular Model at the same time. Colleagues who use an older version, for example December 2022 are able to connect to multiple sources. So it is clear for me that the latest PowerBI version is a Bug.

NenadBosnjak_0-1676963690841.png

Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (Feb 2023)