Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error when processing the data in the dataset - DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

Greetings, I have been receiving this error message every day since 02/02/23 when trying to refresh our dataset. Similar error message, but different tables/dbs each time. PowerBI is connected to multiple access databases to retrieve calculated data. Has been running successfully for the last 3+ years.

Full error message today:

Something went wrong.
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Unspecified error"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Detail","detail":{"type":1,"value":"388 SSC Dashboard DB Control ACH.accdb"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataFormat.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: tblControl_Score_SisterStore.

Cluster URI:   WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:    21f8ec5e-0adb-409d-a7ee-ce91d17d30a7
Request ID:   dc551385-46a8-498b-b8ed-623de6e4d3a2
Time:            2023-02-21 15:02:50Z

Additionally, when checking all of our gateways, majority of them are showing as "offline". I have tried to resolve those to no avail:

Error code:     GatewayUnreachable
Data source error:   Gateway unreachable
Cluster URI:    https://api.powerbi.com
Activity Id:      b9db2528-0564-41a5-be56-c6f1e8607269
Request ID:     6e68fd9b-f9f7-40dc-9d40-a06d14231a3f
Time:              Tue Feb 21 2023 10:26:45 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Gateway on endpoint 'sb://wabi-us-east2-relay15.servicebus.windows.net/f484105f-e8ad-401c-ab33-25185fe178c5/' is unreachable.

Hi @grrly 

1.Could please let us know if you are facing the processing issue with only scheduled refresh or is it happening with on-demand refresh as well ?

2. Are you facing this issue with this only dataset or with other dataset's aswell?

3. Did you try to restart your gateway server ? What is your gateway version ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @grrly 

1.Could please let us know if you are facing the processing issue with only scheduled refresh or is it happening with on-demand refresh as well ?

2. Are you facing this issue with this only dataset or with other dataset's aswell?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

grrly
Regular Visitor

Hello Ailsa!  Thank You for your inquiry.  My responses are below in blue:

• It occurs in both scenarios, scheduled and on-demand refreshes

2. Are you facing this issue with this only dataset or with other datasets as well?

• Currently this is the only dataset we are actively using.  But it is a large one.

• I do not have access to restart or this information.  The gateway is managed by Corp and we were granted access to build within it.

Jfcc96

Some notice for this issue? I'm having the same issue and in the same situation

qwaszx

Hello,

Some update?

I have the same issue and the same situation.

grrly
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft , have you been able to identify any possible issues?  

grrly
Regular Visitor

@Ailsa-msft , have you been able to identify any possible issues?

Feliponnn
Regular Visitor

Same Problem, same result; after restarting data sources, restarting gateway and the whole server, the problem persists, it started since the February update.

And to add a bit more, it happens even with small tables or big tables

zbaker83
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft I have had consistent gateway issues on and off for months. Do we have any resolutions since this topic which started in Feburary?

Prashanth199
Employee

You may rename the .PBIX file and publish, it might work.

Feliponnn
Regular Visitor

Hi @Prashanth199 , what if we need to keep the same name as before once it is published?. 100+ users use it, and changing the link and sharing rights has an operational impact.