Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error message when I try to update any Content Pack

When I try to update a content pack, (in app.powerbi.com, cog -> View Content Pack ->  Edit (an existing content pack) -> click UPDATE button), I see an error message that begins "The following groups have failed validation..." This happens with all of my content packs, even when there are only 5 members of the workspace that the content pack is publishing to, and all members are definitely still current staff members. Any ideas?

Comments
Coline
Frequent Visitor

Hello

I have the same issue, we can't share reports to our office 365 groups. 

It's a huge regression to fix.

Thanks

ricardoromero
Regular Visitor

Same issue, it happens with previously shared content packs. No changes where made to the group that is being shared with.

jat75
Advocate II

So I taked to a Microsoft support rep today who supposedly in contact with the Power BI product group didn't know how it broke. The rep said it wouldn't be fixed till April 2018(!), which I surely hope is not the case.

ascendbi
Advocate II

We are also having this issue. 

I occurrs when "Updating" and existing Content Pack and when Creating a new Content Pack. 

It appears to affect ALL Groups. This feature has worked flawlessly since Power BI launched in June 2015. 

Power BI

Version13.0.3328.205
Activity IDc146f25c-8be5-4f48-9bf7-700ce0d7fdcc
TimeFri Dec 08 2017 10:34:40 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Your data is stored inNorth Central US (Illinois)

2017-12-08_10-29-45.png

bschultz
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same error.  Can't upload dashboards to clients.  Please address ASAP.  This is critical !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PBI Content Group Error.PNG

jat75
Advocate II

The only work around I know of is to share the content pack with the entire organization, but this can be an unacceptable solution for many situations.

Mbuczynski
Frequent Visitor

We are having this issue too. We are now unable to update any content packs. In our case we cannot publish to the entire organization and must enter each workspace name.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

The engineers are working on this. It could be available in the middle Jan 2018.

Best Regards,

Dale

jheesterbeek
Frequent Visitor

Is there a workaround available to publish reports to workspaces?

AdamWilson
Employee

Our engineering team is working on a solution to allow content packs to be distributed to Office 365 modern groups.  We'll provide an update on this by the end of January.

In the meantime, Adam Saxton has released a PowerShell script which can be used to replicate membership from an Office 365 modern group to a mail-enabled security group, which can be used today for customers that already have Office 365 modern groups.

https://gist.github.com/guyinacube/bdd70541210c2bcbb41f6c1156bdcf23