Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Embedding single visual in PowerPoint works only via report in Workspace, not via App

Hello,

I've been trying to use the functionality of including a single visual in PowerPoint. This works only when opening the report from the Workspace where it's published. However, when I try to run the functionality for a published app, the possibility does not appear. See below screenshots for clarification:

The "more options" button for the visual when the report is opened directly from the Workspace is showing "Open in PowerPoint":

Bthurlings_2-1679325726717.png

The "more options" button of the visual in the same report when accessed via the published App does not show "Open in PowerPoint":

Bthurlings_1-1679325666893.png

Is there a setting in the pbix, or in the report in the Workspace that needs to be activated to allow users in the App to connect a single visual with PowerPoint?

Hi @Bthurlings ,

Yes, you cannot meet your needs in Power BI App. It's by desgin.

For more you may refer to:

Add a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Bthurlings ,

Yes, you cannot meet your needs in Power BI App. It's by desgin.

For more you may refer to:

Add a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

AK_NZ
Regular Visitor

Hi Caitlyn

I also have the same issue Bthurlings and after reviewing the content around this new functionaility cannot find any detail that this will only be avaliable from the Workspace and not the App.

Many of our report users do not have access to the Workspace but do link Power BI report pages to Powerpoint and are looking to leverage the ability to link individual visuals.

Can you please direct me to the specific detail that this is set up to work only from the Workspace.

This seems odd in that most users would access reports via the App.

Thanks for your help

Regards

AK

Bthurlings
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

Do you have any idea when this feature will be deployed to the Apps as well? Our users on Premium Capacity are consuming the reports solely via Apps. Currently they're able to make a live connection for a full report page, but it would be extremely value-added when users can embed single visuals as well.