Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Embedded report freezing after clicking export data

Hi,

Since ~1 hour ago we are having an issue where a user will click a tile and select export data but the report just freezes and no csv is downloaded at all.

It's occurring across all of our azure powerbi workspaces. Is this a service outage and if not what could be causing this? (it was working just fine until 1 hour ago).

Thanks

Comments
skb
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Just now saw - Export data started working again for Power BI embedded code, I see they are working on putting feature for exporting to excel also. But as of now only CSV is working on summarized form.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I just have a try and the export will not cause freezing now.

But we can only export summarized data to .csv. No file will be downloaded if we choose .xlsx. And underlying data option is inactive.

Best Regards,

Herbert

pkorju
Regular Visitor

Yes I have the same experience as you Herbert.

Thanks

Peter

ddesai

now we are able to export as CSV but Excel format does not work. 

akocukcu
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Are there anybody still has this issue?

I can use export feature on app.powerbi.com

But can't see export button or option on embedded.

How can i manage to see an use?

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

Yes, embedded has export data.  In fact, you cannot turn it off.  I checked stacked column graphs, matrix visuals, and even slicers...all have it.  Make sure the top area of your visuals can be seen...so that you can get a mouse pointer at the ... easily.Capture.PNG

akocukcu
Regular Visitor

@ThomasDay looks like my embedded report doesn't have that option.

I've already checked export setting on admin panel. It is "on".

The strange thing is, i can not even see sort feature.

Am i missing something?

embeddedExport.png

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

I don't know what an admin panel is, btw.  And I've never heard of export not being on in a powerbi model's visual whether on app.powerbi, desktop, or embedded.

Let's make sure we're on the same page when you say embedded.  When I say embedded, I've uploaded a model (not a pane or dashboard or any such thing) to an Azure workspace collection, with a workspace ID, given the model a dataset name, and used an AccessKey.  The embedding code is using the javascript sdk which is on git hub.  

Is that what you're referring to?

akocukcu
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your detailed explanation

Here is what i did:

1. On https://app.powerbi.com chose my report
  2. Clicked "File" > "Publish to web"
  3. Get link or <iframe> on the screen
  4. Put <iframe> on my web page's html.
    Send link to my colleagues.

publisToWeb.pngembedCode.png

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

@akocukcu I've not embedded like that...looks logical and straightforward.  Perhaps someone else can comment on export and sort functionality in that scenario.  

FWIW, I personally prefer that a public url like that would not allow access back to the model and it's data but that's what makes a horserace and it is definitly different than others settings. Let me know what you find out!

Tom