Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Embed Report option is not available in some reports

Hi,

I have published one report from the power bi desktop. When I clicked on the File to get the embed report option, I was not able to see it. It was showing as below.  

But When I opened another report, it is showing that option and it is working perfectly fine.

I am not able to figure out what is wrong with this.

Can anyone guide me? It will be a great help.

Option not available

Screenshot 2022-02-26 213605.png

Option Available

hirenkakkad_0-1645897543584.png

With a Power BI Free license and the same excel data source, still could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Have you also tried to use the previous version of Power BI Desktop to check this issue and still not work?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

What is the data source(s) and connection mode(s) in this report in Power BI Service? Have you tried to republish this report to different workspaces to check this issue?

If republishing to different workspaces still has the same issue, have you considered whether this report met all the limitations of these embed options?

See:

1. Considerations and limitations-Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online 
  2. Considerations and limitations-Publish to web from Power BI 
  3. Considerations and limitations-Embed a report in a secure portal or website 

Best Regards,

hirenkakkad
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is more information as you suggested.

Data Source is Excel in my local system. So, I created this report in Power BI Desktop and published it to Power BI Services.  The other report shows the Embed option also has the same data source.

I am not able to publish it to other workspaces as I am not using the pro version of Power BI.

I also tried deleting the same report and dataset from power bi services and re-published it. But it is having the same issue.

Please guide.

Thank you in advance.

Hiren Kakkad

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

With a Power BI Free license and the same excel data source, still could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Have you also tried to use the previous version of Power BI Desktop to check this issue and still not work?

Best Regards,

danbarlow

Just in case anyone else has this my issue was caused by me playing around with row level security - I hadn't actually added anything but had a user under modelling - manage roles