Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Editing Data Source Credentials Not Updating

Hi -

I have a MySQL data source that works perfectly fine in Power BI desktop. When I uploaded to PowerBI.com, it tells me it can't refresh because I need to update the credentials. So I've gone to the data source settings and attempted to update the credentials. It's been pinwheeling on save for minutes... I have tried 3 different browsers to no avail. I have no idea if there's an issue where the connection is being blocked or if something else is wrong because it does not time out and give me an error. How can I fix this? Help!

Glad you solved the problem, I will change the status of this case to delivered .

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @TheNickster13 ,

Are you having problems uploading to Power BI Service properly after updating your credentials?
Have you tried adding a data source and configuring the credentials in Power BI Service? If you need to do a scheduled refresh in Service, you need to configure the gateway and data source.

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

TheNickster13
Regular Visitor

I finally figured it out. I needed a data gateway - this wasn't clear to me. It didn't tell me that until I started clicking around on other options. Regardless, it would be nice for the credential check to either not allow you to try to connect without a gateway or to timeout and tell you that you need a gateway.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Glad you solved the problem, I will change the status of this case to delivered .