Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Analysis Services: Error Message

I have just upgraded to the December 2020 release to test out the 'DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Analysis Services' preview feature.

After connecting to my Dataset and then attempting to connect to a new data source I receive the following error message when adding the dataset as a local model:

"DirectQuery to AS - DW Common BI Model
The given key was not present in the dictionary."
Comments
PBCIT
Frequent Visitor

I am also getting this error message. Any fixes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also getting this error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had this problem.
It happens when you have in the dataset tables without columns, only measures.

To workaround it I added a dummy column to those tables.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Wow, that's a great shout. I definitely have a table with just measures. I'll test that tomorrow and let you know if it resolves my issue. Thanks

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

To help improve Power BI, you may leave feedback at this Power BI Community forum post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous This works, thank you so much.

jeroenterheerdt
Employee

this issue was fixed in Power BI Desktop version 2.88.702.0 which was released today. Please test it and close this issue 🙂

ignaciodedios
Regular Visitor

Thank you ¡¡¡

MarcelRossouw
Advocate I

I'm receiving this error now in the latest power bi desktop update but has nothing to do with tables with no columns - none of the provided solutions have any relevance (brand pack for the power bi service, windows update, outdated power bi desktop). I've been using Power Bi and never received this issue.

Can this be caused by the latest desktop update in November?

crobaseball2
Frequent Visitor

@MarcelRossouw did you ever get this figured out? I'm having a similar prob.