Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Desktop options graying out OK and not allowing changes

Hi there!

I have one that is stumping me and cannot find documentation to correct.  In the 2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023) version of desktop, when I go to make any changes to my options when I select OK it grays out and does not engage or finalize the request.  I can only top cancel to get back to the work.

I can only assume that this is something within my setup that is blocking the changes, but I cannot find the solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi @GWhite ,

I'm not quite clear about what option do you mean, would you like provide a snapshot.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
rbriga
Impactful Individual

I have the same issue. I can't change any settings because of that.

I use the same version, and reinstalling Power BI didn't help.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @GWhite ,

I'm not quite clear about what option do you mean, would you like provide a snapshot.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

rbriga
Impactful Individual

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft ,

Here's an example, though it can happen on any options submenu:

Clicking OK (on any options submenu)Clicking OK (on any options submenu)

rbriga
Impactful Individual

@GWhite , @v-yanjiang-msft 

This thread points to a possible culprit- the Python configuration.

Go to Potions-> Python scripting,

Change the "Detected Python home directories" from other (which provides a location string) to the first option.

Click OK.

Now I can turn on preview features. This shoould work for you too, and may point to the culprit for @v-yanjiang-msft.

Kudos to @GregMarbais for providing this solution!

QC
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

"Go to Potions-> Python scripting, Change the "Detected Python home directories" from other (which provides a location string) to the first option."

Thanks! I have been struggling with this bug for months until I found this post, in my case it's R, but same solution. MS should really fix it properly though.