Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Date is showing different on Power BI service than data source

Hi Team,

I am facing weird issue. I am importing data from Snowflake table to Power BI desktop file and publishing to Power BI service. When I publish the file to Power BI service then it shows different date [one day backward].

Below is detailed description of issue with an example.

Date in snowflake table: 11/15/2021 00:00:00

Date in Power BI Desktop: 11/14/2021 17:00:00

Date in Power BI Service: 11/14/2021 17:00:00

I am in UTC + 1 timezone and my Power BI service account time zone is also same.

Data is stored in: Southeast Asia (Singapore)

It's 

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Seems like the datetime in Snowflake shows the local time in Power BI(Snowflake Singapore is UTC +8, your local time is UTC +1).

I have created a snowflake sample datasource which data stores in Japan East(UTC +9) while my local time is UTC +8 but the datetime shows the same in Snowflake and Power BI.

vyingjl_0-1637567006037.png

vyingjl_1-1637567022801.png

vyingjl_2-1637567089349.png

Perhaps you can try to convert the timezone in Snowflake to local and check it again in Power BI, refer:

CONVERT_TIMEZONE 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Seems like the datetime in Snowflake shows the local time in Power BI(Snowflake Singapore is UTC +8, your local time is UTC +1).

I have created a snowflake sample datasource which data stores in Japan East(UTC +9) while my local time is UTC +8 but the datetime shows the same in Snowflake and Power BI.

vyingjl_0-1637567006037.png

vyingjl_1-1637567022801.png

vyingjl_2-1637567089349.png

Perhaps you can try to convert the timezone in Snowflake to local and check it again in Power BI, refer:

CONVERT_TIMEZONE 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

noratolgyesi
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. 

Snowflake dates are stored in UTC but imported to Power BI, the local time shows up. And Power BI recognises that: when the date field is change to Date/Time/Timezone, it shows the time difference from UTC.

Is there any way to fix this?