Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date field converted as string when dataset is consumed in paginated report (report builder)

In paginated report the field which is of type date is shown as string and hence the range slicer is not working correctly. Any way to convert the type of the field in paginated report back to date and use them in range slicer?

I have followed the method described here :- https://blog.coeo.com/using-date-pickers-in-power-bi-report-builder.. It doesn't work either may be because the paginated report field is string though its of type date in the PBI dataset , which is the source of the paginated report.

When I check in the field I get the below error as well :-

Jerinfonterra_0-1685612108468.png

Hi @Jerinfonterra 

There is no way to change the field types on Service, you need to go back to the report builder and rework your template and upload it here to Service .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Jerinfonterra 

There is no way to change the field types on Service, you need to go back to the report builder and rework your template and upload it here to Service .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Jerinfonterra
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft  thanks for the response. Please note that Im not trying to do any thing on the service. Im trying to build the report using report builder consuming the Pbi dataset. The field that is of date format in the PBI data set is recognized as string and is giving the below error 

Jerinfonterra_0-1685697366807.png