Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Datamarts - Create new measure and Model View is not working

Greetings,

At the moment, the Datamart artifact is not running as it should. At least in the West Europe (Netherlands) region. Datamart UI is not showing the field for editing measures and is not responding to the "Create new measure" button. There is a similar problem in the model section, where the current model is not displayed; therefore, neither is the relationship between the tables, and no table can be added to the "new" page.

Glad to hear that this issue can be resolved, the thread would be closed.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
GeoffRobinson
Regular Visitor

I also get no response from the 'New Measure' button in the DataMart environment - running in US East

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Currently I have created a test datamart in Power BI Service and got some data, the measure can be created normally and the button got response.

Perhaps you can try to check it in some other time range or try to create a new datamart in different workspaces to check it again.

Best Regards,

GeoffRobinson
Regular Visitor

I'm based in New Zealand - when I changed the timezone on my laptop to US Eastern time I was then able to create a New Measure. Changing back to NZT resulted in the previous behaviour ie New Measure button does nothing. 

**UPDATE** scrub that - while a did enjoy a brief windows of being able to use the New Measure button I haven't been able to reproduce the behaviour by switching timezones. I'm back to no response no matter what I do.

Tirnovar
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-yingjl,

The behavior I describe is not dependent on the workspace or the tenant. I tested the problem in 2 different tenants on a total of 5 workspaces. The tenants are under entirely different settings but match the location and the behavior problem described above.

I did the retest again, and the result was the same. Even in the new datamart, the correct behavior did not occur, so I cannot create or modify the existing measures. Likewise, not a single datamart shows me a relational data model.

Andreas_O
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same behaviour (West Europe, Germany)

MattyH
Frequent Visitor

I found this thread after searching for ' New measure not working in Datamarts'

Same problem over in AEST here.

Refreshing the page and going back into does show the measure dialogue kind of working  but then it starts throwing errors.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

If it throws error, whether there is any error message abou it or some screenshots or .gif which can reproduce this issue better.

Best Regards,

Tirnovar
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, it is not returning errors, but it looks like:
1) Data model is not showing:

Tirnovar_0-1661425291658.png

2) Missing Measure editing row:

Tirnovar_1-1661425347451.png

bartvanbenthem
Regular Visitor

Hi there,

for me the same problem in working with the Datamart. No tables shown in model. Cannot drag any table into model. Switching from one table to antoher table in Dataview. Manage Roles, New measure and View as not clickable at all.

This already for at least the beginning of this week.

Plse fix it....

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

I can reproduce this issue today after testing with the same environment and have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 330391627), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,