Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datamart with incremental refresh in Production of Pipeline Deployment

I have a PPU workspace with a Datamart with incremental refresh in Production of Pipeline Deployment I  back staged to Test and Development, now when I try to promote back to production I get this error.

Operation ID: 9c1328a6-75d9-48da-b9e4-cb0f01213845
Correlation ID: fb693cbf-d761-259a-f60b-62e3554541f3
Request ID: 2d053b73-f64d-01c9-8661-c7414278519a
Time: 3/18/2023, 9:19:21 PM
Service version: 13.0.20295.61
Client version: 2303.2.12867-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-us-d-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Hi @DavidStrawn 

I don't quite understand your question. When you use Deployment pipelines to create data, three workspaces are generated. datamart reports an error when you switch back to Test and Development and then back to production during the incremental refresh, right?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @DavidStrawn 

I don't quite understand your question. When you use Deployment pipelines to create data, three workspaces are generated. datamart reports an error when you switch back to Test and Development and then back to production during the incremental refresh, right?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

DavidStrawn
Regular Visitor

Steps

1. Create a Datamart in workspace (A) with incremental refresh
  2. Create a Development Pipeline with Workspace (A) as the production workspace
  3. backward deployment from workspace (A) Production to (B) test and (C) Development
  4. When the datamart is created in (B) and (C) work space.  The increment refresh is lost in (B) and (C).
  5. Make changes to datamart in (C) Development
  6. Deploy datamart to (B) Test
  7. Depoly datamart to (A) Prod and receive error.