Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Datamart : Unable to update a Visual Query after underlying tables were renamed

I've been testing out datamart functionality and did simple use case of importing an excel file as a table in the datamart and then created a "View" based on that table and some transformations using the Visual Query option. 

After I did the above steps, I renamed the underlying table and the Visual Query I had created was erroring out.

This is fine/expected. However, there was no way to correct that error by perhaps renaming underlying table name in the Visual Query (M) code somewhere. 

Only options seemed to either update the step where the table is picked up and redo all the transformation steps or delete the Visual Query and start from scratch. 

Hi @vickyd ,

To my knowledge, this is by design.

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @vickyd ,

To my knowledge, this is by design.

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn