Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datamart Incremental Refresh not updating current day based on my time zone

I have incremental refresh setup on a Datamart.

KNP_0-1686250056847.png

My timezone is UTC +12 currently.

When the scheduled refresh runs it does not pickup the current days transactions until after midday.

KNP_1-1686250192212.png

When a refresh is done at 11:59am the latest transaction date is showing before midnight the previous day.

KNP_2-1686250237771.png

When the refresh is done just after midday the latest transaction date shows just after midday (all transactions between midnight and midday are updated).

KNP_3-1686250265382.png

As you can see, there were many transactions between midnight and midday that weren't updated until after midday local time.

KNP_4-1686250343407.png

Need a fix for this ASAP.

Hi @KNP ,

The current Power bi service does not support DateTime values with the specific time zone. We will also feedback this issue internally.

Please check if this thread helps:

Solved: Last Refresh Date change Timezone - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @KNP ,

The current Power bi service does not support DateTime values with the specific time zone. We will also feedback this issue internally.

Please check if this thread helps:

Solved: Last Refresh Date change Timezone - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

KNP
Super User
Super User

Thanks for the reply.

That link has nothing to do with this issue.

Also, I should have mentioned above, Dataflows do not suffer from this issue. Once a scheduled refresh is setup for a Dataflow in a timezone, the timezone is respected and refreshes will pick up the current days data irrespective of the time.

The issue is Datamart incremental refresh is not working this way and I cannot get today's data until after midday no matter what I do.

This is a bug.

PierreL
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue on a dataset, I am currently in UTC+7 and suddenly we see that the refresh that we normally do at 6.30am will not contain today's data. when checking the partitions on the table we see that no partition is created for today until we pass 7am. 

KNP
Super User
Super User

Hi @PierreL,

I went through the support process with them.

The workaround currently is to add a column by converting your date time column to UTC.

Something like this...

Table.TransformColumnTypes(
    Table.AddColumn(
        PreviousStep, 
        "YourDTColumnUTC", 
        each [YourDTColumn] - #duration(0, 7, 0, 0)
    ), 
    {{"YourDTColumnUTC", type datetime}}
)

Then use this new column for your incremental refresh.

Hope this helps.