Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

0

Database connection encryption isn't working properly

Hello,

 

I need to load the data using DirectQuery in Power BI Service but get the error message about expired certificates. Even though I am able to bypass this issue by turning off the encryption in the settings (somewhere deep in the settings for the dataset I'm loading) and everything seems to be OK, when I'm using the report, I cannot load the visuals: I get the exact error concerning expired certificates. Can anybody help with this, please?

 

If it's important, I'm using PostgreSQL as the data source database when connecting.

Status: Delivered

Hi @bob_from_space ,

Sorry for late back, I took a vacation last week. Glad you have solved the problem by yourself, then I will close the thread.😊

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @bob_from_space ,

Based on your description, seems you should update the data source credential. In Settings>Manage connections and gateways, select the related data source, then in Authentication field, delete the original credential and enter new credential manually.

vkalyjmsft_0-1679380660447.png

vkalyjmsft_1-1679380676633.png

vkalyjmsft_2-1679380800795.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

bob_from_space
Regular Visitor

Thank you for suggestion, @v-yanjiang-msft! I tried to update the credentials using your instructions but see no effect: turning off encryption isn't helping to load the figures.

 

As a side note, I also tried to update the certificates on my machine as explained in a Medium post but no luck, unfortunately  (Connection of Power BI with RDS PostgreSQL on AWS from Scratch | by Vikas Thamke | Medium).

bob_from_space
Regular Visitor

@v-yanjiang-msft as a follow-up, I would like to add that I'm using the database credentials and not Windows ones, so I wasn't shows the window from the second picture.

bob_from_space
Regular Visitor

I guess it is a kind of solution: I switched to a different mode of getting the data (Import mode), and now all the figures are accessible.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @bob_from_space ,

Sorry for late back, I took a vacation last week. Glad you have solved the problem by yourself, then I will close the thread.😊

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang