Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataSource.Error: <ccon>Web.Contents failed to get contents from Sharepoint

Since last monday night, all of my power bi's published on power bi service that used to refresh during the night started to fail and return the error: 

• Data source errorDataSource.Error: <ccon>Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'htt ps :// XXXXXX .sharepoint/(...)

This type of connections is working on power query for excel. 
    It works when I refresh query by query on the power bi desktop
    but doesnt work on the power bi service and aldo with I try to "refresh all" on power bi service. 

My company has no other solution than sharepoint. 
    Is this happening with someone else? 

Hi @IzaLeo ,

For the time being, there is no feedback from other users who have encountered similar experiences as you. We have not been able to reproduce this problem, during our investigation we found that some solutions have been shared by users in the past, please check if they are helpful to you.

Solved: DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data f... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
congocarey
Regular Visitor

We're having the same issue. It started yesterday and it seemed to have started happening when Fabric was launched.

IzaLeo
Advocate I

Hello everyone, 
My reports started working again last night. 

MagdaMarc
Regular Visitor

Hi, my reports also are working again after saving them in the newest desktop version and republishing. Dataflows were resaved and started working again.

FadyN
Regular Visitor

Hey,

The issue has been resolved, all reports started to work properly again during the weekend!

joelzehring
Frequent Visitor

Recent refreshes between SharePoint and Power BI seem to be successful.

IzaLeo
Advocate I

Having this problem again !!! 

Everything stoped working last night with the same error. 
Anyone else ?

gaov

In my case the problem was related to PowerBI Language.

Please check in Power Query the language of commands, like "Converted to Table" , "Expanded Records".

After switch the PowerBI language in Regional Settings to the language of commands.

In my case, after switching to English the error disappeared and everything started running without errors.

gaov_0-1696545325351.png