Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataSource.Error: <ccon>Web.Contents failed to get contents from Sharepoint

Since last monday night, all of my power bi's published on power bi service that used to refresh during the night started to fail and return the error: 

• Data source errorDataSource.Error: <ccon>Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'htt ps :// XXXXXX .sharepoint/(...)

This type of connections is working on power query for excel. 
    It works when I refresh query by query on the power bi desktop
    but doesnt work on the power bi service and aldo with I try to "refresh all" on power bi service. 

My company has no other solution than sharepoint. 
    Is this happening with someone else? 

Hi @IzaLeo ,

For the time being, there is no feedback from other users who have encountered similar experiences as you. We have not been able to reproduce this problem, during our investigation we found that some solutions have been shared by users in the past, please check if they are helpful to you.

Solved: DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data f... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @IzaLeo ,

For the time being, there is no feedback from other users who have encountered similar experiences as you. We have not been able to reproduce this problem, during our investigation we found that some solutions have been shared by users in the past, please check if they are helpful to you.

Solved: DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data f... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

IzaLeo
Advocate I

Hello, 

I did try this , but it did not work. 
Thanks anyway.

IzaLeo
Advocate I
joelzehring
Frequent Visitor

We're seeing a similar issue with datasets connected to SharePoint. It appears to be a recent issue. The error message includes "429" which is a common HTTP error code indicating "Too many requests".

MagdaMarc
Regular Visitor

We're also experiencing the same issue from Tuesday. Error "429" with datasets connected to SharePoint. 

ihyiukhkjuh
Regular Visitor

I have also the same issue.

FadyN
Regular Visitor

We are expericing same error 429 impacting 6 different reports and datasets since Wednesday

IzaLeo
Advocate I

Om my side, it's happening with all of my report, since they are all connected to sharepoint, since Tuesday. 

YD-BI
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Same issue here (with error code 429) regarding all my datasets linked to my SharePoint: every scheduled refresh gets the issue, manual refresh about half the time; if I refresh from Desktop, things are better but not always working.

I read the 429 error code is usually related to too many request being received, asmentioned by another user, however for me we are talking only about 10 datasets with one scheduled refresh per day... and it didn't change in the last few days.

IzaLeo
Advocate I

Same here, the schedule refresh is to 1 report per hour, where each report contains 4 querys. 
Until Monday this used to run smoodly every night, for the last year.