Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data not accurate in usage metrics report

Hi Community,

I opened several reports yesterday, but Usage Metrics Report didn't show my views today. Meanwhile, the old report did record my views. I am wondering whether the data in the new report is inaccurate.

Hi @Ayna ,

The usage report is based on activity data for the last 30 days, excluding activities of the current day. You can narrow the time period by using the Date slicer on the Report usage page, such as to analyze only last week's data.

The usage report includes activity data up until the last complete day based on the UTC time zone. The data shown in the report is also dependent on the refresh time for the dataset. Power BI refreshes the dataset once per day.

Note that it might take up to 24 hours for new activity data to appear in the usage report.

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Ayna ,

The usage report is based on activity data for the last 30 days, excluding activities of the current day. You can narrow the time period by using the Date slicer on the Report usage page, such as to analyze only last week's data.

The usage report includes activity data up until the last complete day based on the UTC time zone. The data shown in the report is also dependent on the refresh time for the dataset. Power BI refreshes the dataset once per day.

Note that it might take up to 24 hours for new activity data to appear in the usage report.

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn